Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Battered and Bruised......

Happy Thanksgiving short week! Battered and Bruised...that is what Paige and I are.  My knee and foot are still hurting so I have been modifying the Jillian Michaels30 Day Shred.  Paige, on the other hand, was accidentally pushed today and she was pushed into a metal bar on the playground.  That would have been okay....but the part of her body that hit was her eye!  Oh boy! She will most likely have a black eye tomorrow.

This leads me to Christmas cards. Do you do regular Christmas cards or do you do a photo of the kids or your family?  I like pictures. Some years have been just the kids and some the whole family.  Well, it is that time and now Paige is bruised.  James already said that he is going to have to polish up on his photo shop skills.  Well....then we get to visit Shutterfly and pick out some cards! LOVE IT!  Take a look at those or these christmas photo cards on shutterfly.  They even have collage ones which I love because you can show some memorable moments through the year!  We have some pretty cute Disney pictures of the two of them and then other pictures that we took through the year that would look so cute......or we may just get that perfect picture of the kiddos in front of the fire place that may be "the picture" that will be the card this year.  Whatever it is...I can't wait to experiment with the cards that shutterfly has to offer!  

Right after the holidays the focus goes to birthdays and I see that they have super cute invitations.  Usually we make our own photo card invitation but I might have to change it to shutterfly this year.  They always have sales, too!

Well....I hope that you are all having a great short week and have burned enough calories to eat til your hearts content....although you should probably try not to eat to that point!  LOL.  I looked through my cooking magazines today and came across a pumpkin chiffon cake...it has 123 calories per slice and 2.5 grams of fat.  Can't wait to taste it!  Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Jen

2 comments:

GISrunner said...

Yikes! So sorry to hear of Paige's injury ... hope it didn't end up as a black eye after all. I'm still having some heelp pain myself, too. I decided to join my husband and the kids in an impromptu game of basketball Sunday afternoon & wasn't wearing the right shoes. I could barely walk by 10:00 p.m. but it's improved some since then.

I haven't tried shutterfly, but believe it or not Wal-Mart photo actually has some cute card styles too. We send out over 100 cards each year & use Wal-Mart because we like to print a few samples before we make the final choice. We did a collage card last year & are going to do the same thing this year.

Hope you had a great holiday!

Jen said...

Ouch! Hope you are feeling better!

I only put the thing about shutterfly so I could get 50 cards...lol. I usually use walmart, too!