Tuesday, November 9, 2010

And Now....The Waiting Game

So....I made it to the doctors.  First I read and studied and read and studied.  His practice has a pretty great website describing everything. http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/  It helped to have some information going into the appt.....and actually straight from his mouth.  Dr. Schreiber was great.  He asked me many questions and over and over throughout the process he would ask if I had any questions.  So...after many pictures were taken (oh so fun) we sat down for the news.  What is it..you ask?  Hurry up and wait.  He has to write a letter to the insurance company requesting coverage.  He gave me a whole folder full of information including what meds to take when the days leading up the surgery....my thinking is that he would not have given me this info if he didn't feel positive about their answer.  So---IF the answer comes back that I can go ahead and get the reduction I have to go in one more time to go over everything and get prescriptions for antibiotics/pain meds, etc....  I made an appt to get a full physical for next week so don't think that should be an issue.  I don't want to get the word and then I can't get in with my primary doc for that.  Gives me something to contribute to the waiting game. 

I am guardedly optimistic about what the insurance company will say.  I so want to be excited and looking forward to it but I know that there is a change that it might not be approved.  So...I stick with things that I can control.....diet and exercise.  I was going to start the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred tonight but my tummy is not accepting of it....think I ate something bad.  So....tomorrow I will try and start it again. 

Til tomorrow!

No comments: