Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Todays goal achieved

So... I finally took some Excedrin migraine about 1/2 hour before I left work today because my head was killing me.  I figured while I was feeling a tad bit better...I should go with it.  So....after I made dinner and helped Paige with her school project I took to the challenges of the night.  I modified the sit ups a bit--I started with sit ups but about 1/4 a way through I switched to crunches.  Believe me...I still felt the pain!

Sit Ups :(
15
18
12
12
max I can do (minimum of 18)---I did 30!  Paige was a help with counting...made me go longer!

Push Ups
10
12
8
8
max I can do (minimum of 12)---I did 12 (they were hurting today)

Squats
13
16
11
11
max I can do (minimum of 16)---I did 25

So...that means I did 87 sit-up/crunches tonight, 62 push-ups, and 76 squats.  I am pretty proud of that.

I should mention to that I closed the car door on the top of my foot and it is really sore....and then I fell picking Paige up at her after school program.....so I am even more proud of the numbers I got tonight!

Now onto thinking about tomorrows goal...although I think that I already have an idea of what that is going to be.  Til then folks!  Happy reading, happy sleeping, and happy squating!

jen

2 comments:

Annie said...

Great job in keeping up with those sit-ups, squats, and push-ups! And glad to see this motivation you have for the 10 miler.

Speaking of those "sit-ups". Are you doing those traditional sit-ups (chest close to knee when you raise up)? I read the site back when James had posted about the program you are doing, and it says they call them "sit-ups", but they want you to actually do crunches. Just wondering because I noticed you differentiated between them in your posts. The traditional ones are bad for your back...one reason I read further into the program you are doing when I saw the word "sit-up". Stick to crunches, if you are doing the former. Your upper back should raise off the ground, but back and neck should be kept pretty straight and raise to maybe 1/2 way floor and top of bent knee.

Keep up the great work! Wish I had you closer, and we could work out together.

One Crazy Penguin said...

Well done on all those squats, crunches, and push ups! It makes me tired just thinking about it!