Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dreading the beast

How is it that this is only the second day of my blog and I am already struggling?  LOL.  I feel like crap...sure I could put it another way...but let's be real here.  You see, I have sinus issues.  I punctured my sinus when I was 16 resulting in a week stay in the hospital which resulted in surgery and plastic surgery to fix the damage that the infection that ensued caused.  So....I am more apt to get sinus infections than the regular individual.  I got a cold a few weeks ago (after getting the flu) and thought I had kicked it....but apparently that last little germ made its way to my to my sinus and decided to have some babies.  So...here comes the struggle.  Tonight is Wednesday.  Wednesday means that it is challenge day.  I haven't missed a day of the challenge (although I started a week late because of the flu). 

So...I am dreading the beast.  The beast is SIT UPS!  Ugh.  The push ups are getting harder because the amounts are going up...the squats remain easy...but those damn sit ups.  Let's see...what are the numbers for tonights challenge (remembering that it is 5 sets per challenge....the last being the maximum that you can do).

Sit Ups :(
15
18
12
12
max I can do (minimum of 18)

Push Ups
10
12
8
8
max I can do (minimum of 12)

Squats
13
16
11
11
max I can do (minimum of 16)

OMG!  Did you see those numbers for the sit ups?  That is a total minimum of 75 sit ups (if I do the minimum on my last set).  Okay folks....I may not be here tomorrow cause I may be dead. 

Todays Goal:  Finish the challenge targets (listed above) tonight.

1 comment:

James said...

"You can do it" as stated in nearly every Adam Sandler Comedy out there. Part of the challenge is overcoming the fear of how many you have to do. Sorry you're feeling like crap!