Monday, February 7, 2011

Beyond Frustrated!!!!!

INSURANCE COMPANIES.....does that say enough?  ARGH!!!!

So....I checked on the status of my claims online for my surgery. Why is is that EVERYTHING (except $50 for the hospital) was covered except for the surgeon?  REALLY?  SERIOUSLY?  Ummm....excuse me insurance company you gave me a pre-authorization!  Online it is listed that they are not affiliated with the doctor but ummmm...YES YOU ARE!  You paid for my pre surgery appts.....and you have a contract with the doctor......and he is listed online.  So...I spent about  an hour on the phone with them and even the woman who investigated it was stumped.  She forwarded it to the adjusters with notes and said that I would be hearing from her within 14 business days.  I then called the doctors office and they were stumped to.  They are going to contact their contact to see about it.  So here is the breakdown of costs:


$7608.80     Outpatient surgical center
$1680.20     Anesthisiologist
$ 888.00      Oncologist to review stuff they took out
$6000.00     Surgeon expenses

TOTAL:  $16,177

That is a crazy high number!!! 

I have faith that they will get that bill fixed....especially since everyone is stumped why they denied it.  Hopefully it was that the person just hit the wrong button. 

Anyway--hope you are doing well!

Jen

1 comment:

Annie said...

They BETTER get that figured out. Had you not been pre-approved you probably would have waited. It should be covered. I hate dealing with insurance companies.