Thursday, February 17, 2011

Whoooooo!

Whooooo!  Big sigh of relief.  $6000?!?!?!   Not any more!  I just got online and checked the insurance claim and all of it was paid except $30!  Now that is better.  After reviewing it I realized more so why doctors charge so much!  Out of that charge over $4000 was discounted through the in network agreement.  That is over half that he lost!  Geez.

So....March 1st is the big change over day.  Had an issue with my incision and while it is still open...it is not as open as it was...so I had to wait a little longer to exercise and stuff.  Well--March 1st is it.  Time to get busy with getting fit!  I have a weight goal in my head and maybe one day soon I will post it on here.  My short term goal is to get out there moving and find a video that I like to do on the other days.  That gives me almost 3 months til we fly til Texas for James' friends wedding to get into a dress that I love and feel more comfortable with how I look.

Any suggestions as to what dvd to work with?  Any advice for weight loss/getting fit?  What did you do?

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm trying to be extra consistent about working out for an hour each day and not going over 1,400 calories (except one day off per week) until July 1st. My cold interrupted the plan, but I started back up yesterday. Since I am waiting to run until I am certain the foot is healed up, I bought a workout video at 1/2 price books - It's that Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred that you and James had mentioned. It's only 20 minutes, but really kicks my butt during that time. I am trying to do it every day (as she mentions on the video), but generally I would only do weights (circuit training is the best) 3 days per week and alternating dates. So, here is my current exercise plan:

*20 min 30-day shred video daily along with: M, W, F 30-45 minutes of yoga (I've taken classes and taught myself with a book prior to that, so I just do it by memory but some videos would be good too.) and Tu, Th, Sa, Su speed walk, hike, eliptical, bike, or treadmill for 1 hour (w/ 5 min warm-up and 5 min cool down).

Once I hit my July 1st mark, I will look at my progress and possibly switch to just maintenance, which would be something like:

M, W, F - weight/circuit training 30-45 minutes and yoga 15-30 minutes

T, Th, Sa - cardio 1 hr (hopefully running 5 miles again by then)

Su - go for a long hike or bike ride (atleast 1 hour)

Good luck! Keep posting regularly and maybe it will help you stay motivated. I'll let you know how I'm doing. Too bad we can't be workout partners! : )