Monday, December 13, 2010

One Week

Really....one week?  It is 9:20 a.m. as I write this.  This time next week I should be inching my way to the recovery room.  One week!  It have wanted to do this for 15 years (if not more) and now I am only one week away?  AHHH.

I am really starting to get nervous....really nervous.  Excited nervous and scared nervous all at one time.  Every so often the thought "am i making the right decision" pops into my head but that is easily popped right back out.  I know that I am making the right decision.  I have been making lists of things that I have to get done prior to next week such as wrapping, shopping, packing, etc....  I have nearly everything all put together for the trip.  My stuff is in my suitcase...just have to put the kids stuff in, too.  Today I have my pre-op physical and tomorrow I meet with the plastic surgeon one last time.  At that time I will get some herbal supplements (arnica montana) and my prescriptions for pain pills.  I have not been able to take an pain killers (i.e. excedrin migraine, etc...) since last Monday (the 6th) cause you can't have anything with aspirin or ibuprofen for 2 weeks out.  Surprisingly, I have not really had a headache.  Knock on wood!

I am determined to have everything done this weekend so that I can enjoy this weekend with the family.  Saturday James has a race and then who knows what we will do---James can take Paige and Connor to see Tron while I walk around....since I won't be able to comfortably walk around for long periods of time for a little bit.  Sunday, Paige has dance lesssons and then we have to drive up to my parents to exchange gifts and then to my aunts for a holiday party.  Good food and good company!

So---I have 3 more gifts to get (1 is a gift card and I finally got the sizes for two other little girls).  I am going to pick out outfits for the kids for next week and put the in bags so that way it is easier to get them ready.  I have to finish packing....oh and the biggest thing is that I have to keep from FREAKING OUT!!  LOL.

Oh boy.....a week!

1 comment:

James said...

You didn't tell em you had an appointment today. Of course you're making the right decision. The only drawback is having some minor scars, otherwise it's all positives. SO stop FREAKING OUT!! :)