Monday, November 7, 2011

one year...one year ....one year!

Hola people!  How the heck are ya?  So....if you didnt gather.....one year til the half marathon in Arizona.  Yay!  I am excited and excited for the journey to get there.  I realized a few minutes ago as a posted something on my cousins facebook page that not only is it one year, but at this time next year we will (not should) have our bling hanging around our necks.  Awesome!

So, tonight I officially started my training and got some thinking done about what I want to accomplish while out on my run/walk.  I went out for a two mile run/ walk tonight.  It is the time of year that it is gettingdark pretty early, so by the time I went out at 6:52 p.m. it was full dark.  With phne in one jacket pocket, flashlight in the other, and drink in hand I took off. At first I was a little nervous cause there were certain points that were realy dark.  I think that txvhis nervousness made me go even faster.  I got to the one mile turn around spot and tried to take a picture to send to james but with it being s dark out, it didnt quite work.  It was on the way back from the one mile mark that I really let myself get in the moment.  I enjoyed the quietness of the night.  An occasional car would drive by..but mostly the sounds I heard were my breathing and the leaves crunching under my feet.  It was nice.  Making me rethink the whole music thing.  We will see!

I STARTED THE ABOVE ON FRIDAY WHEN IT WAS ACTUALLY A YEAR TIL THE RACE BUT DIDN'T GET AROUND TO FINISHING IT TIL TODAY

So...since Fridays 2 mile adventure...3 more miles have been conquered.  Connor and I went to the NCR trail and went three miles.  It was nice.  I decided to take the stroller instead of hearing that he was tired and having to lug him back.  That would have been a great decision if it was a good stroller for a rocky path....it was a little interesting.  But.........we did it and that is what counts.

I have decided to give myself rewards.  I think that I am going to start at 25 miles...originally I was going to start out at 50 miles but I think I need to start out at a lower number and the more miles I accrue the more miles I can put between rewards.  So...at 25 miles run/walked/conquered I am going to reward myself with something....a new shirt/bottle/skirt...whatever!

That's it for now!  Happy Monday!

2 comments:

James said...

Great job! Try and hold out on the music and get in touch with your inner runner. I rarely even think about music for running anymore. So what is your reward going to be?

James said...

Where's the updates??