Friday, October 14, 2011

13 point YAY!

YAY!  That's how I feel most of the time about this race right now.  Will my excitement waver with the fear about not being able to do it...the reality of how I am so not ready for it right now?  YES!  But, I need to focus on the right now.  Of course I am not ready for it right now...that's why I didn't opt for the one that is November 2011.  I will be able to do it...not going to be the fastest....probably not going to be the slowest....but I will cross the finish line.

I texted my cousin (Terri) yesterday about the race and this morning she told me that she is going to do it!  So excited!  I am even more excited because she lives closer so we  can do our long runs together.  There is a nice trail in between where she lives and I live ...it is one that my hubby used to train for his runs on.  I plan on going on a long walk...with some running mixed in on Sunday...just to start my path to training.  Back to Terri...I am so excited that she is coming!  Not only will we be able train together but we can travel out there together and be each others crutch on the way back...cause I  foresee some pain.  Well....then I guess I should say that we can laugh at each other!!

Ooh..maybe I should state the exercise I have done this week.  That's a good thing to add.  So, I love Zumba.  I didn't think that I would...but I do.  My Tuesday instructor thinks that I should become an instructor.  Possibly...maybe...we will see.  Anyway...my usual Tuesday instructor was out (Sharon) so we had Hilary who is the instructor for Thursdays.  Oh....I should mention that Sharon and Hilary have way different styles.  I feel that on Tuesdays I get more of a stregnth/core workout and on Hilary I get a super cardio workout.  So....I had an hour of super intense cardio on Tuesday and another on Thursday evening.  I think that I am going to keep it like that and just add running in between.  We will see!

Now...onto finding some fun running songs.  Have any ideas?

No comments: